10 Tips on Small Space Living
Is your small space starting to get cramped, a little frustrated? Maybe you are moving to a new city and your lovely new home will only be a fraction of the size of the room you used to stay? Feeling a little freaked out? Maybe we can help.
1. Declutter — In a small space clutter take up space and make the home look messy and make you feel your home is smaller than it already is. A nice comfortable environment helps to calm nerves and make you relax. So get up a declutter. Get rid of those things that you have not used for more than 6 months. Get it under control and take back your space, no excuses. Yes, 6 months is the guide. You decide.
2. Organised — Yes, once you have got control of space, next get things organized Spend some money to get good shelving, storage. Spend sometime setting up a system to help you get your stuffs organized. This is one investment you would not regret. It will keep you on track and your home feeling cozy not crazy.
3. Make my furniture work for me — Double duty furniture is a must when you have a small space. Take advantage of every inch you can afford. Choose benches that can store, a lamp post that can double up as hanger.
4. Colour me bad — Already living in a cave? How would a cave-like bedroom feel and look in for example dark blue color? Yes, simple thing but many aren't aware. Just be careful of the color you choose if you have a small space. General rule is that the lighter the color tone, the brighter the bigger one would perceived the space to be. Talk to your friendly DIY store staffs. They would be able to get you some advice.
5. Mirror Mirror on the wall — Yes, have mirror on the wall. No kidding. It will help make the space look big. In additional, make use of the wall for shelving, storage and not just the floor. Make good use of the wall it's yours and most of the time is it not being used anyway.
6. No elephant please — Here's a handy tip: use light furniture. Furniture that are for example make of plastic acrylics, a table with smaller legs, will visually be light. The effect is seeing more space without feeling cramped. Brilliant?
7. Spend time outside your home — Here is the truth: no matter how perfectly designed your tiny home is, you still need to get out and spend time outside. Make a point to use public parks, library, cafe or any place that will help you get away from the feeling of living in a cabin.
8. Clean up — Fancy living in a cave full of cobweb? Yes get up and keep the space clean.
What do you think? Any other tips to share?